Wednesday 13 January 2010

Kylie Minoise - Telepathic Surge


Artist Kylie Minoise
Label Triangle
Year 2007
Genre(s) Psychedelic Noise

Two discs, one composing of one thirty minute slab of harsh, psychedelic noise and the other composed of, um, classical choir and chants? I'm really not sure about this one.

Let me start with disc 2, which is the disc composed of chants and what sounds like a full choir. I'm really not sure what to make of this, sure it's soothing and took me unawares but I can't work out the purpose. I have just thought (and checked by adding up track times this seems possible) that both discs may be designed to be played simultaneously (If anyone involved with this release is reading could you comment and let me know if I'm correct or not please?). Until I know for sure I can't really make a judgement about the second disc, hopefully someone can clear it up.

Now onto the meat of this release with disc 1. A dense fog appears from nowhere, hiding the source of an intense rumbling that can only mean bad things. Every single radio in earshot begins to malfunction at a terrifying level. Lights can be seen in the distance, breaking through the thick gloom, best to avoid them as they could be the source of this rumble that shakes the cobbles. The buildings begin to stretch to the heavens, leaning in and enclosing the alley, casting night over the clammy heat. Just as soon as this nightmare beings it's over, lying upon your back in an all too familiar ally, pedestrians doing their best to ignore the fallen inconvenience in their way

No comments:

Post a Comment